Thursday, December 27, 2018

The Miata That Became A Corvette? Rock Star?

There was another article at Motor1 that was about the Rock Star by Mitsuoka; a Miata made to look like a Corvette. It seems they chose an earlier model of the Corvette and not the current one. It does have a lot of similarities and differences. I think they chose a good one to duplicate; not that there were any bad Corvette designs (some just better than others).

I had a search looking for vehicles that used the Mazda MX5 Miata as the donor car and/or platform for another vehicle design. I have found one - Himiki - which lead to this one. I think it is a neat find.
The Mitsuoka Motors emblem.

I think it looks like an earlier version of the Corvette. I think this copy of it is really nice. 

I think it looks cool from this angle. It does have the appearance of the earlier Corvette. Perhaps it could be sold as the Opel GT replacement / update? 


Makes wonder what other 'duplicates' that could be made using the platform of the Mazda MX5 Miata. I think it has a lot of potential - especially for someone with lots of imagination and lots of money (I doubt doing this is cheap).

I wonder if one could create an updated version of the Goggomobil Dart using the Mazda MX5 Miata? (just thinking out loud but still a possibility?). Perhaps an King Midget inspired body on a Miata? 
Here is a model of the King Midget that doesn't seem to have been made before the company stopped making cars. Perhaps it could be adapted / stretched to fit onto the Miata platform? (some more 'thinking out loud'). 










TomLeeM



Big Goofy Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment