Monday, March 18, 2024

Automite Car? A Modern Microcar?

 Awhile ago, I came across plans for a very tiny car; actually barely a car but it was very tiny. It was similar in size to the Peel P50. Both were three wheel cars but I think the P50 is more advanced of the two with the Automite being like a Mode T and the P50 being like a more modern vehicle.

Prismz Automite.



I think it is neat that the site for the plans for the Automite is still there. One does not hear much about; at least to what I have seen on the internet. The site also has links to other things. 

I believe I acquired the plans before (not sure if I still have them). I had noticed that there is no barrier between the engine area and the passenger area. I always wondered if the driver is inhaling the exhaust from the engine since there doesn't seem to be an exhaust pipe leading out. There doesn't seem to be any turn signals or a rear light (IIRC). The design is a simple structure of wood. I don't remember how one got in or out of it but I don't think it had a door. I think it left much to be desired; design wise. 

I do like the simplicity of the design. I think it could be a fun run around vehicle is one sticks to ones driveway and not far from it on back roads where the speed limit is very slow. Since it is a three wheel design, it might be classified as a motorcycle or scooter? (depending on the rules and regulations in your area). 

They do have a more complicated design called the Xzillerator. That will be for a separate post / blog. 



Other plans at their site; Tom Thumb scooter, wind power, electroplating, boats, miniature engines


Homebuilt lists - the above plus others.










2024 / 03 / 18





No comments:

Post a Comment