Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Nobe; Modern Electric Micro Car?

I came across a neat little three wheel electric car that is called the Nobe. I believe they are raising funds to get it produced. They are hoping for it to have a low price. I hope they do get the funding so they can manufacture it. It would be cool to see if on the roads . It would be neat to get to drive one.

I think this electric vehicle would be great for around town and cities. I am not sure about the top speed or range but I think it would also be great for short trips. Perhaps one could get an option of a range extender? Perhaps in the form of a small generator - bio fuel or hydrogen?

I like how the design has a retro look to it. I don't know if retro is still in but I think electric is a future trend. It seems more and more companies have been coming out with electric vehicles.

Personally, I think battery operated vehicles are not quite there. I think fuel cells would give electric vehicles a boost in energy when needed and extend the range of the vehicle and make it easier to and faster to refuel the hydrogen tanks (as opposed to having to wait for the batteries to recharge). There are many advancements in both fuel cells and hydrogen storage / creation.

MyNobe
I like this design. I believe the configuration of three wheels is better than four since it makes lighter in weight. I think the two wheels in front with one in back (reverse trike) is more stable than one in front with two in back (trike). 
One can see the arrangement of the wheels and the location of the batteries. It seem to show that each wheel has a motor (in hub motors). It seems to be three wheel drive. I think this would be better for traction. I think it would deliver more power / speed than with just one or even two wheels being powered. 

I believe there is some discussion as to which is better; in hub motors and a motor with a transmission. I think each has its good points and bad points. I lean more to in-hub motors. I think that might be a subject for another blog / post. 

I think it looks nice in red. I like the black roof in contrast with the red body. 
I like the simple interior. 
I think it looks better in blue; just my preference. I like the contrast of the white roof and the blue body. I wonder if one could put a design on top? Perhaps in a similar way some have done with the roof of the newer Mini Cooper. 
I like the shelf it has. I think some of the newer cars are getting a little too complicated which causes the price to go up. There are times I long for simpler times. I think this vehicle might be a return to those simpler times. 





I think vehicles look cool when looking at them from above. 












No comments:

Post a Comment