Thursday, December 1, 2016

Myers Manx SR and SR2? Modern Micro Car?

I think the Meyers Manx SR is a cool little car. It is definitely small. Motors Town has a nice online article on it. They make dune buggy kits but the one I saw was really neat (shown in the article above). I think it takes the dune buggy a step up from the traditional form to make it more stylish and more street worthy. It seems to be more on road than off road. I like that it has doors. It - with the dune buggy they make - are kit cars.
Flickr seems to have a 'poster' of the colors of the Meyers Manx SR.
Jalopnik article on the Meyers Manx SR2 (dated 08/18/2010) questions whether one would pay $8900 for it as a kit. With its unique styling, I think it would do well.


I checked the Myers Max site but it does not seem to offer that model anymore. I would it would be very appealing today. I do like their more traditional dune buggy style that they have now.
Old Bug has an article of a Meyers Manx SR for sale. It seems it is an unfinished kit.


I always wondered if one could make a dune buggy using the Smart Fortwo as the donor vehicle? Since the dune buggy would be lighter in weight, it could have very good acceleration and fuel economy.  While Jalopnik thinks the Smart would be better off as a dune buggy, they do show what a Smart dune buggy might look like. I think it is neat. Instead of replacing the Fortwo, I think it would be a great addition to it.






No comments:

Post a Comment