Monday, November 7, 2016

Calypso Caravan; Micro Camper for a Micro car?

I saw photos of this motorcycle caravan / camper. Wikipedia. It was designed for motorcycles but I think it could easily be towed by a micro car, especially if it is a modern micro car. It is a Calypso caravan. It looks like a micro version of the Airstream camper. I found these photos online. I am looking to see if there is more information on them.
This shows the relative size of it next to the tow vehicle, a motorcycle.

The interior looks nice. It seems to use every bit of space inside.

This shows it not just a bed but also table to do things on, the inside being adaptable.

Here is the close up of the table.

Here is the gull wing door. I think it is better than the small door found on some smaller teardrop campers.

Perhaps to really make them usable as a camper for small to micro cars, it would have a wider stance so they won't tip over as easily and give them a little more room on the inside. It would be nice if someone came out with a plans, a kit or just the whole camper (similar but different to prevent any lawsuits that be charged for infringement on the design). If they did, I would definitely check it out. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Thomas - I am the builder and owner of the Calypso Caravan.
    Feel free to contact me via tommy(a)degnet.de.
    Tommy

    ReplyDelete